Tuesday, May 1, 2012

DANCE AROUND THE MAYPOLE.........MAY IS HERE!


Merry Mayday and Blessed Beltane everyone. I have been working in the studio all day to start my May off right. I must say it is still quite cool but I am determined to be outside as much as possible.



I am looking forward to eating outside all spring and summer as soon as it get warmer.



I envy all of you who are doing this already. I can't wait for some picnics and delicious warm weather meals.


I like to keep the food simple in the Spring & Summer months. Living in farm country I am fortunate to get the seasonal vegetables within a few minutes from our farm. One of my favourite lunchs is fresh aspargus, grilled with soft eggs and parmesan cheese slices. Mmmmmmmmmmm.... I can taste it now.


I love finding new things to make for outdoor meals. Like these Spring Herb Quino Patties from TWO TARTS. If you have not ever had Quino you should, not only is it the best source of protien but it is nutty and delicious. Can't wait to try these and you should stop by TWO TARTS for the recipe and it is a lovely blog.

So I hope you are all having a lovely first day of May and I envy you lucky people who are dining outside tonight, it is already getting chilly here and it is only after 4 o'clock. Time for some soup!


Images from PINTEREST.

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated May day, my lovely friend. These dishes look divine! I hope it warms for you very soon so you can enjoy such delicacies while outdoors.

    ReplyDelete